Bahrain  
Israel  
Kuwait  
Lebanon  
Qatar  
Turkey  
UAE  
Brunei  
Cambodia  
China  
Guam  
Hong Kong  
India  
Indonesia  
Japan  
Laos  
Macau  
Malaysia  
Mongolia  
Nepal  
Pakistan  
Russia  
Singapore  
Sri Lanka  
Taiwan  
Thailand  
Vietnam  
NYSE: BCO 52.15 -0.60
Change: -1.14%
Volume: 240,598
MINIMUM 20 MINUTE DELAY February 21, 2017

Corporate Overview

The Brink's Company is a premier provider of secure logistics and security solutions including cash-in-transit, ATM replenishment and maintenance, international transportation of valuables, cash management and payment services. Our customers include financial institutions, retailers, government agencies (including central banks), mints, jewelers and other commercial operations around the world. Our global network serves customers in more than 100 countries. We have ownership interest in companies in 41 countries and agency relationships with companies in additional countries. We employ approximately 59,900 people and our operations include approximately 1,100 facilities and 12,000 vehicles.

Brink's was founded in 1859 and our headquarters are located in Richmond, Virginia.

History

Brink's was founded in Chicago on May 5, 1859 when Perry Brink purchased a horse-drawn wagon and made his first delivery. The wagon bore his new company's name – Brink's City Express. Chicago was booming, fueled by new railroads built to exploit the growing economy of the surrounding Midwestern U.S. With railroads came manufacturers, distributors, banks and insurance companies, all of whom attracted business travelers to the new city. In the early days, Brink used his single wagon to transport travelers' luggage between Chicago rail stations and hotels.

In 1860, Brink's employees delivered luggage and parcels during the Republican National Convention, where an estimated 50,000 delegates and spectators assembled to see local dark-horse candidate Abraham Lincoln win the nomination over other contenders.

In 1871, the Great Chicago fire destroyed some 18,000 buildings, including the headquarters of Brink's City Express. Miraculously, Brink's horses and wagons were saved and the company was back in operation within a week. As Chicago recovered, Brink's grew. By 1872, Brink's ran 20 wagons to every part of the city three times a day and had begun service to the prosperous new suburbs. The company advertised fees less than those of competitors: 25 cents to deliver a trunk from a train station to anywhere in the city.

Read more

Trademarks

Principal Logo

Brink's Global Logo
1981 - Present

One of the oldest commercial brands in the world, Brink's has been synonymous with security and trust since being founded in 1859 and is today known around the world. The current Brink's logo was first used in 1981 and adorns Brink's vehicles, facilities, employee uniforms and products in more than 100 countries.

Early Trademarks

Brink's CC Express (1859-1919)

Perry Brink's Chicago City Express Company used a variety of typestyles during the 19th century. Wagons were painted with "Brink's" and whatever additional parts of the name would fit, showing up in photos as "Brink's Ex.", "Brink's C.C. Ex. Co.", "Brink's CC Express Co." and others. In this 1880 staff photograph, several styles are simultaneously present.

Brink's Express Company
(1919-1934)

The company's first stock was sold in 1879 as "Brink's Express Company," but the simpler name wasn't widely used until 1919, when the first non-Chicago Brink's branch was opened in Cleveland. The Brink's Express Company shield logo, often cast in metal and affixed to the side of armored trucks, signified the strength and security of the company's operations.

Brink's Incorporated (Shield Logo) (1934-1959)

In 1934, the company officially changed its name to Brink's Incorporated and updated the shield logo with the new corporate style.

Brink's A Pittston Company (1959-1981)

After the acquisition by Pittston, a transportation and mining conglomerate, the older shield logo was dropped in favor of a simple block type logo. Pittston changed its name to "The Brink's Company" in 2004.

Shields

Gothic B / White Band

This shield logo featured a gothic "B" with wings lifting a trunk; it perfectly represented the company's early focus on transporting luggage in Chicago. Trademark documents record its first use in 1859, the same year Brink's was founded.

Gothic B / Money and Valuables; Safety and Dispatch

In 1927, in a new strategy to deter robberies, Brink's logos began appearing on trucks and facilities that had previously been unmarked. "Money and Valuables, Safety and Dispatch" frequently bracketed the older shield logo, underscoring the company's increasing reputation for secure transportation.

Gothic B / Black Band with Brink's Incorporated

As the Brink's Express Company evolved and expanded early in the 20th Century, the shield was updated with a large black band. In 1934, "Brink's Incorporated" was added to accommodate the company's new name.

B (no space) with wings

The acquisition of Brink's by the Pittston Company sparked a major refresh of the venerable shield logo. The B was replaced with a modern type style, the trunk was simplified and the wings redrawn with a more sophisticated treatment. The entire design was placed atop a new shield reminiscent of U.S. highway markers and that also echoed earlier Brink's logos (see above). This revised shield debuted in 1962.

B (space in character) with wings

In 1981, the shield logo was updated again, this time to coincide with the new Brink's stutter logo (above). The 'broken B' of the stutter logo replaced the plain B of the previous design, and the wing drawing was greatly simplified, making the entire design both a bit more elegant and significantly easier to reproduce.

Products and Services

Arch Brink's

The arch Brink's was first registered in 1912 and has been used continuously since. Today, it is most frequently seen on employee badges and uniforms.

Brink's Cash Logistics

The Brink's Cash Logistics brand was born in 2001 to call attention to the company's money processing services for banks.

CompuSafe

Brink's CompuSafe service was introduced in 1995, bringing new security and cash handling solutions to retailers.

Retail and Safe Labels

Brink's safe products have been offered to retailers since the 1920's; signs advertising their security have been nearly ubiquitous ever since.

Brink's Document Destruction

In the early 21st century, Brink's Document Destruction service began operation, offering secure transportation, storage and destruction of business documents.

Stop. Think. Call Brink's.

This slogan was used by Brink's Document Destruction to emphasize the need for effective control and elimination of sensitive materials.

Brink's Home Security

In 1983, Brink's Home Security opened its first branch office in Portland, Oregon. Offering home, retail, and small business security services, Brink's Home Security grew to more than one million customers by 2008. Today, the Brink's Home Security brand is still used on a variety of consumer products.

Consumer Logos

Now seen on many licensed consumer products, these trademarks include a much simplified shield logo with a large, modern "B" and a refreshed Brink's logo. Both are easier to print and read on small packages.

Brink's, 1801 Bayberry Ct., P.O.
Box 18100 Richmond,VA 23226-8100, U.S.A.